A full range of accounting, auditing and educational services are available to our clients. These include:
Opinion Audit (Credit Unions and their CUSOs)
An Opinion Audit offers the highest level of assurance a credit union can receive. It includes a written opinion on the financial statements as well as a written report on the internal control structure including comments and recommendations for possible improvements.
Annual Agreed-Upon Procedures Examination
This is an inspection of credit union records for accuracy according to agreed-upon procedures as discussed with the Supervisory Committee and outlined in the engagement agreement.
Quarterly or Interim Agreed-Upon Procedures
These procedures can be performed on a quarterly basis or at intervals as requested by the Supervisory Committee in conjunction with the performance of either an opinion audit or an annual agreed-upon procedures examination.
Audit of 401(k) Plans
We offer audit services in connection with meeting the annual reporting obligation under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
In matters of suspect fraud, we work with regulatory and legal authorities to determine the validity, nature, and amount of suspected losses to facilitate the timely recovery of lost funds back to the credit union.
Compliance Audit Services
We have staff dedicated specifically to keeping abreast of current rules and regulations pertaining to compliance issues associated with annual ACH Compliance Audits and Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Audits.
INTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
For clients who wish to perform specific review procedures using their own internal auditor or Supervisory Committee volunteers, we can assist you by:
- Assisting in developing an internal audit program
- Recommending possible improvements in your existing internal audit program
- Training your internal auditor and/or Supervisory Committee/Audit Committee
- Performing internal audit procedures, as requested
We offer extensive Management Consulting Services on the following topics and more:
- Merger and acquisition planning and implementation
- Membership ballot tabulations for elections of officials
- Asset/Liability management
- Customized financial projections
- Functional cost analysis
- Loan loss analysis
- Policy development
- Specific accounting practices (investments, indirect lending)
- Internal audit department development
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Data processing system selections
- Employment searches
- Data processing controls review
- Assisting management in responding to state/federal regulatory findings
- Bank and general ledger account reconciliations
We offer tax services designed especially for the needs of credit unions, including:
- Preparation of IRS Form 990 and 990T for state chartered credit unions
- Preparation of CUSO tax returns
- Tax research
- Payroll taxes and related payroll returns
J. Tenbrink & Associates is frequently called upon to facilitate educational presentations at Board and Supervisory Committee meetings and chapter meetings as well as to conduct training seminars at league functions or other credit union gatherings.
Some of our most popular education session topics include:
- Asset/Liability Management
- Board and committees duties and responsibilities
- Budgetary process
- Business lending
- Internal controls
- Loan analysis
- Policy development
- Ratio and trends analysis
- Specialized accounting issues
- Strategic planning
- Understanding financial reports
We have an extensive background in these and other areas related to Credit Union accounting and audits. We look forward to sharing this expertise with our clients.